Yes, I'm offering online classes this Fall (September - November) and will run through just about Thanksgiving.
I'm offering 2 classes on 2 separate nights, time to be determined:
Tuesdays -- Plot and Character Development
Sundays -- Marketing
The price for each complete class (9 weeks) is $289.00
**The per-week cost is $75.00, if you only want certain weeks.
I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and haven't had a chance until now to really put everything together. I'm excited to offer this.
So what will your purchase, which I know is a lot of money for some of you, get you? Here's a break down.
Plot & Character Development
September 4 - November 20 (9 weeks)
- Learn the steps to building, fixing, crafting and evolving characters that readers enjoy following (and that you enjoy writing)
- With actual exercises, see your own creations come to life and get advice on how to make them dance to the beats of their own drums.
- Learn how to build plots that drive books forward like race cars, and send people from page to page, chapter to chapter.
- Catch those holes in plots that make manuscripts spin out of control and fall apart
MarketingSeptember 9 - November 25 (9 weeks)
- Learn what happens after you finish that manuscript.
- Learn how marketing begins while you're still writing.
- Find simple strategies you can everyday FOR FREE that make a difference in sales later.
Q: How are we going to do this?
Via Google+ Hangout.
Q: How large a class will this be?
7 seats per class are available (so it's 8 people, counting me)
Note - if there's interest, I will consider other options for larger classes, but that will likely increase the price.
Q: How long will each session be?
Figure about 2 hours for each session, but understand that 2.5 hours isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Q: So what do I need in order to do this?
You'll need a Google+ account. (It's free).
You'll need a microphone, and ideally, headphones to block out the fuzzy background sound.
If you want to do video, you'll need a webcam. (Optional)
Q: I don't have the money right now, but I will soon, what can I do?
Send me an email ASAP and say you want to reserve a seat. This is first come, first serve. But if you don't have the money by July 30, you lose the reservation.
Q: You said on Facebook you'd do three classes, where's that third class?
The schedule didn't permit a third weeknight consumed. But stay tuned to Twitter for announcements about that.
Any updates to this information will be available on the "Classes" page of this blog.