Monday, June 18, 2012

Travel!

My apologies for the lack of blog post lately - life has been happening.

This post is short, and all about what I'm doing later this week, for those that haven't heard me talk about it on Twitter or Facebook.

Kate and I are attending the ALA (American Library Association) Annual Meeting in Anaheim (I swear they tried to be alliterative, but couldn't find an a-word for library), and that means I get to spend today doing laundry and last minute things (like go to the bank, print receipts, etc) so that I can pack tomorrow and head off.

Now, I've never been to anything like this before, and the videos on youtube make this look somewhere between GenCon for librarians and the old Atlantic City teacher conventions I heard my high school teachers opine for during the school year. So, for updates, follow me on Twitter or Facebook.

Of course, while I'm there I'm bringing work with me --

The DexCon $1,000 Night's Black Agents Tournament (run by Ken Hite and myself) is really switching into high gear. In fact while I'm doing laundry today, I'll be creating and printing the character sheets, which is way more fun than you'd imagine.

And I've got Kestrel to work on, and some other odds and ends to do.


While all that is nice lovely crunchy detail, I just want to take a minute to say I'm really excited for this trip. I've been on trips before that were as exciting, but they had with them a stressful veneer of anxiety and tension. All that's gone now, and I get to look forward to the really super swank hotel and the day in Disneyland as well as anything/everything this convention has to offer.

This is going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment