Monday, July 16, 2012

Breaking FATE - Walter White

I was recently challenged to design Breaking Bad's characters via Fate, Cortex-Plus and/or Gumshoe. What follows under the "Breaking FATE" tag are my efforts to do so.

Here is Walter White, done in Fate:

Walter White
High Concept: Family Man turned Emperor
Trouble: A Man’s Pride

Aspects:
I will support my family
I’m the one who knocks
I will get what I want, one way or another
Let nothing stand in my way
Pride In One’s Work
Living a double life

Skills
Alertness Fair (+2)
Athletics Average (+1)
Contacts Fair (+2)
Conviction Superb (+5)
Science Great (+4)
Scholarship Great (+4)
Intimidation Good (+3)
Guns Average (+1)
Resources Good (+3)
Rapport Fair (+2)
Fists Average (+1)

Stunts
Menacing
The Blue Meth (either notoriety or actual science)
Oh Shit! Gains +2 to Alertness when rolling against surprise

Stress
4’s across the Board



Admittedly, I'm not happy with this, and it's by NO MEANS FINAL, I'm just putting my ideas out there.


Granted too, I bent the rules a little. I listed only the skills I could document (so it's not a full-pyramid), and they're only the skills that come up in play.


And I suck at Stunts. Although I'm trying to get better.

1 comment:

  1. If you need help with stunts, you know someone who did a mechanical edit on the stunts chapter for Strange Tales of the Century. Y'know, just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete