Friday, September 14, 2012

Recess tomorrow!

So, tomorrow is one of those big circle-it-in-red days for me. Tomorrow is Nerd NYC's Recess, and I'm running a game: Night's Black Assassins, which is an Assassin's Creed-fueled hack of Pelgrane Press' Night's Black Agents.

To the best of my knowledge right now, there are no Assassin's Creed tabletop role-playing games out there. And I'm intimately familiar with Night's Black Agents, having followed its progress since the early alpha stages (disclosure: I'm also a 'Spymaster' for the game and my commentary can be found throughout the book), so this seemed like a pretty seamless hack.

I tested this before at GenCon (in Games on Demand and elsewhere) to HUGE POSITIVE REVIEWS, so tomorrow is yet another field test for what I think is a pretty viable creation.

The game runs tomorrow in the first session (12-4pm) for six seats.

Here's the Plot:

In the early part of the 1600s, the Holy Roman Emperor Rudolf II was a big fan of the occult, amassing a collection of untold eldritch secrets behind a large stone and metal vault. He sealed the vault with a combination. It's thought that an Apple of Eden is among the treasures protected there.

To retrieve the Apple, a team of Assassins must travel back, discover the combination and then open the vault in the present day. Who knows what they'll discover in The Mad King's Vault.

See you then.